- given Ann & Margaret were unmarried John's mother was likely called ? OWEN - so far I've found no LOVELACE + OWEN marriages
I found the burials of Margaret & Ann OWEN but I found no John LOVELACE in Standon or Staffordshire more generally. John LOVELACE and Frances (surname unknown & marriage eludes me for now) baptised the following children who are named in Ann OWEN's will:
- Matilda (1791) St Andrew Holborn
- Ann (1793) St Andrew Holborn
- Lucretia Betty Margaret (1801) St George Bloomsbury
- My 3 x great grandfather John (1808) Standon Staffordshire
- Marcus Brutus Owen - Standon Staffordshire (baptised 1816 but obviously alive in 1811 when Ann did her will)
There is also a John Junius Brutus son of John & Francis baptised in 1806 in St Andrew Holborn but I am unclear if this John died or if my John was baptised twice. My John consistently gives Standon Staffordshire as his birthplace in the census.
I looked at the Index to death duty registers on findmypast. For some reason I only originally did 1810-1811. Recently I tried 1812 and found John Lovelace, administrator Francis Lovelace, Standon Staffordshire, Bishops Court of Lichfield. Bingo. I emailed Lichfield Record Office and after paying my photocopying fee this week received the administration which provides the death date as 23 May 1811 & that he was late of the parish of Standon.
Now where is he buried? And how old was he?